In a Nutshell
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Test Engineers are responsible for the design, creation and maintenance of automated and manual test suites and thoroughly executing tests to ensure ENSEK produces and releases high quality software. You will be demonstrating your knowledge and practical experience of utilising testing tools and contributing to daily scrums, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and refinements.
In your senior position you will be responsible for guiding and positively influencing other members of the engineering squad to achieve increased levels of quality and testing best practice.
- Working with the engineering squad to design, plan and estimate the software testing.
- Reviewing user stories or software requirements and identifying test scenarios and where appropriate driving a TDD agenda.
- Responsible for test coverage within your permitter, metric driven with a view to focusing on the level of automated test coverage with the squad.
- Working with your team to ensure a robust and scalable approach to QA, minimising toil and repeated manual work.
- Writing and executing automated and manual tests on the ENSEK Platform and ensuring any documentation associated with the software test process is maintained.
- Significantly contributes as a member of an agile team, attending team meetings, working closely with the Software Engineers and Product Owners in the squad and participating in refinement sessions reviews.
- Logging, tracking, managing and communicating software issues and defects, highlighting issues and risks which might impact the delivery of your team on a timely basis.
- Learning and developing your area of knowledge and domain expertise within the engineering function.
- To proactively contribute to and suggest ways of improving engineering processes at ENSEK.
- Building and encouraging collaborative working relationships with the whole engineering squad sharing skills and knowledge, which includes mentoring Test Engineers.
- Adding value to the experience of our clients, colleagues and other relevant stakeholders through practicing and promoting the ENSEK values.
- Promoting and maintaining a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and teamwork across ENSEK.
- Experienced Test Engineer in a delivery-focused environment, UI / API / Database level test expertise
- Experience/knowledge of relevant testing tools eg: AzureDev Ops, JIRA etc.
- Experience/Knowledge in database testing using tools like SQL.
- Hands on experience with test automation, adding and executing tests in an existing test framework
- Working experience with CI/CD or DevOps practices.
- Excellent knowledge of the software development life cycle, testing methodologies and implementation of end-to-end delivery within an Agile environment.
- Strong communication skills, able to clearly articulate status, risks and issues within the squad and with senior stakeholders.
- Agile and Software Testing Certifications are preferred.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills with an eye for detail, ability to assess risk and analyse complex challenges.
- Highly motivated self-starter who is enthusiastic and passionate about testing and software discipline.
- Values the importance of teamwork and experience of working as part of a remote, multi-disciplined team is advantageous.
- Detail orientated with a strict adherence to policies and governance which are applicable to the role.
- Experience of working from within the Energy/Utilities would also be advantageous.