In a Nutshell
You will join the DevOps function of our Enablement team and work with the rest of the DevOps team to support and guide our agile product development tribes. Your team will own all current DevOps aspects for our SaaS products (primarily AWS infrastructure and Azure DevOps pipelines) and will shape the future direction for the DevOps discipline within ENSEK.
You will be providing and maintaining fit-for-purpose (highly available, performant, resilient, secure, scalable, automated and templated) environments and pipelines addressing the needs of our product development organisation as well as those of our customers. Your work will cover a broad range of tasks and technologies, you will spend your time on both long-term project work, and ongoing BAU support. This role requires no on-call duty.
- Drive DevOps best practices in all areas, preferring standards and automation.
- Guide our product development teams into a DevOps oriented process through tooling and support.
- Work with the development teams to deliver leading class solutions to streamline the software delivery pipeline.
- Work with the TechOps and Infosec teams to support release/deployment activities or infosec audits and ensure knowledge about our environments and pipelines is shared as required.
- Create and maintain appropriate tooling to monitor our infrastructure and applications and provide support to diagnose and resolve urgent issues affecting any environment.
- Collaborate with development and operational teams to reduce or eliminate manual or repetitive DevOps related tasks.
- Provide tooling, documentation and support to enable our internal operations teams to operate optimally, safely, and in a DevOps minded way.
- Take a proactive approach to DevOps, raising security, process or operational risks when seen and help work towards a solution.
- Maintain detailed documentation of our solutions, infrastructure and processes.
- A solid understanding of DevOps principles and toolsets.
- Proficient in multiple programming and scripting languages (ideally including C#, Python and SQL).
- Able to deliver code solutions that are clean, tested, performant, scalable, secure and follow SOLID principles.
- Experience operating and deploying cloud infrastructure (ideally AWS, potentially certified).
- Experience in release and deployment automation tooling (ideally Azure DevOps).
- Understanding of code management and Git flow.
- Some experience with Infrastructure as Code (CloudFormation, AWS CDK, Terraform).
- Experience working with containerised apps (docker, ECS)
- Some experience with SQL Server administration (deploying, migrating, updating, maintaining).
- Understanding of cyber security, awareness of or experience with PCI and ISO27001 compliance, cryptography, SSL certificates, HSM.
- Experience with logging/monitoring/profiling frameworks (New Relic, CloudWatch).
- Knowledge of hosting infrastructure components and architecture (servers, load balancers, network configuration).
- Experience in fast-moving agile environments working across a large engineering team.
- Ability to build strong relationships with wide range of internal/external stakeholders (technical and non-technical), and to influence senior stakeholders to reach consensus to support change.
- Innovative and looking to challenge the status quo and drive continuous improvement.
- Resilient and perseverant, demonstrating a positive can-do and customer-focused attitude.
- Curious, staying up to date with industry developments, active in external communities.
- Demonstrating a high attention to detail and quality, whilst able to consider the bigger picture.
- Organised, dependable, able to juggle multiple tasks and priorities and work well under pressure.
- Ability to work remotely with little supervision, and to interact with remote and distributed teams.
- Nice-to-have: experience formally/informally leading more junior DevOps engineers.