In a Nutshell
Reporting to the Product Manager, the Product Owner takes agreed product initiatives, breaks them down and shares them with their squad. The Product Owner has a detailed understanding of a particular domain and the underlying technology. They have the necessary technical understanding to be able to ensure the appropriate use of logic that the coded solution might capture.
Whilst you are maintaining a detailed view of the initiative and the objective, you will write user stories and create test criteria that demonstrate clarity to the team. You will involve them as early as appropriate to ensure their input comes at a time that helps shape the solution
- Working with the Product Manager to translate the Product Roadmap into a backlog of initiatives.
- Engage the engineering team within your squad to align on approach and details of implementation.
- Facilitating stakeholder reviews, to capture sufficient details on the customer product requirements, ensuring all parties are fully represented.
- Driving the definition of user journeys, and the customer experience, working with a design team to deliver wire frames, UX and you will own the concept.
- Breaking down the epics into features and PBI’s to ensure that value is realised at the right time.
- Attending team and product initiative meetings; working in collaboration with the squad to ensure that all stories are refined, understood and ready for development.
- Planning and scheduling the ‘Ready for Dev’ backlog of stories for the squad to deliver, which is central to the squad achieving their flow.
- Working with the Product Manager to monitor product KPI’s and metrics utilised for measuring the backlog of initiatives, discussing, and reprioritising as required.
- Ensuring any documentation associated with a product is maintained with the same diligence as the software. This is critical in ensuring the visibility and comprehension of all elements of software.
- Adding value to the experience of our clients, colleagues and other relevant stakeholders through practicing and promoting the ENSEK values.
- Promoting and maintaining a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and teamwork across ENSEK.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence others across the business
- Ability to analyse complex product requirements, influencing and persuading others
- Ability to manage multiple projects, planning and organising effectively
- Client focused approach, utilising knowledge and experience, demonstrating outstanding levels of diplomacy and tact
- A flexible attitude and who is able to thrive in a high-pressure environment
- Values the importance of teamwork, with experience of working in a remote team being advantageous
- Proven ability to engage with and develop strong relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Experience of working in an agile environment and from within the Energy/Utilities would be advantageous but not essential