Our clients are energy suppliers. They supply electricity and gas to businesses and homes. Probably including your own home! It can be a complicated sector and so our clients often engage ENSEK to help. We are experts in Energy and our in-house operations team, which is where this role sits, act as an outsourced back office function. As an Operations Analyst, you will be the interface, the communicator if you like, between our various clients and the third parties who helps the energy industry to tick.
Your job will be to make our clients back office operations flow as smoothly as possible. You’ll work as a part of a squad of analysts to meet our agreed Service Level Agreements with each client, identifying and removing blockages like missing or erroneous data flows or resolving disputes to get things moving again. You will become an energy expert, an energy data flows expert, and ultimately, be part of a cracking team of industry professionals who offer a very well regarded, software and data led managed service.
1. Be part of the ENSEK managed service team acting as the end to end industry back office team for our clients
2. Be part of a small squad of people tasked with ownership of a portfolio of customers, handling everything Billing related and supporting resolution of Industry processes
3. Act as part of a team working together to deliver a great service for our clients. You’ll be creating the bills for B2B customers who are often high consumers of energy and drive significant revenue for our clients –accuracy and attention to detail is critical in this role. Talking to the customer service teams and other industry parties like other suppliers and agents.
4. Take pride in your work and aim to deliver the best for our clients and their customers.
5. To add value to the experience of our clients, colleagues and other relevant stakeholders through practicing and promoting the ENSEK values.
1. MS-SQL is a must have for this role. You must have an existing track record of confidently using SQL to query and create tables, conduct analysis on-the-go and spot errors with outputs to drive your own workflow
2. A general understanding of energy Billing would put you at an advantage for this role. Whilst this can be taught, you would certainly hit the ground running if you can bring this skillset to the role
3. Whilst this is predominantly a “back office” role, keeping our clients updated on the progress of their portfolio each month with regular written updates is a necessary part of the role. There may also be times where you will be needed to support meetings with clients
4. We work at a quite a pace. The industry is changing fast and we have to flex and adapt to keep at the forefront. You’ll need to be ok with that too. Switching priorities with ease, moving from task to task with speed and accuracy. You’d have to like change and variety to love working here.
5. Fundamentally, you’ll be naturally analytical. You’ll spot issues (like a meter reading that just looks wrong), see what doesn’t fit the expected pattern and then create a solution to get things back on track