In a Nutshell
Reporting to the Tribe Engineering Manager, the Lead QA Engineers are responsible for influencing the test strategy for Engineering and Product Lines within their designated squad. Working with the engineering squad to improve the quality of ENSEK’s software, improving the test frameworks and tools we use and be adept at making risk assessments when it comes to software releases. You will coach and mentor other members of test team in the department.
You will be responsible for leading and driving continuous improvement of testing best practices within the product line/squad remaining current on new technologies, making recommendations, and sharing knowledge within areas of domain expertise with peers.
- Working in collaboration with the Architects, Lead Engineers and Engineering Management on the implementation of testing best practices, testing tools and test strategy to ensure Product solutions, capabilities and outcomes are delivered.
- Building and maintaining core automation test frameworks to support the wider Product Engineering department.
- Responsible for the accurate test coverage within your permitter. This should be measured and focussed on automated test coverage.
- Manage and review ENSEK testing tool set, staying up to speed with technology developments and best practice.
- Contributing to the central view of the status of QA across the ENSEK Product Portfolio.
- Drive continuous improvement of all areas which affect the quality of Product delivery including test environments, release strategies, production testing and monitoring within and across Tribes.
- Maintaining and further developing the QA skill set through attendance at external training and exposure to forums internalising and sharing practices within the QA guild, which you take a strong lead in.
- Be the focal point for all testing related queries and escalations related to Product line, drawing on subject expertise to ensure swift resolution.
- Ownership within the release process, understanding and making calculated decisions based on risk and impact for production releases, including providing QA sign off.
- Active involvement in the QA in recruitment process.
- Ability to clearly communicate with senior stakeholders and clients on QA related topics.
- Significantly contributes to an area of expertise as a member of an agile team; attending team meetings, working closely with the squad sharing skills and knowledge, which includes mentoring Test Engineers and participating in refinement sessions reviews.
- Adding value to the experience of our clients, colleagues and other relevant stakeholders through practicing and promoting the ENSEK values.
- Promoting and maintaining a positive, results orientated work environment, building partnerships and teamwork across ENSEK.
- Extensive hands-on test experience within Agile projects, with a strong understanding of CI/CD or DevOps practices.
- Experience of advising on test scope, approach, risks and assumptions, ideally within a microservice architecture.
- Experienced Test Engineer in a delivery-focused environment, API and/or UI level test automation expertise including designing, building and maintaining automation frameworks.
- Experience in the non-functional aspects of testing covering security and performance as an example.
- Ability to coach others with diplomacy and tact .
- Approachable, strong communicator who has the ability to listen, influence and persuade others and with the ability to present to senior stakeholders and external clients.
- Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working as the testing lead within an agile testing environment is essential, from within the Energy/Utilities would also be advantageous .
- Agile and Software Testing Certifications are preferred .
- Proven ability in managing dependencies, coordinating activities and prioritizing effort.