In a Nutshell
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Lead Software Engineers are responsible for making technical decisions within the squad. They are the ‘go to’ person for technical advice and deciding the details of the technical solutions that are being developed. They are responsible for working with the engineering squad to improve the level of technical quality, reviewing implementation against technical standards such as the HLA and code standards making recommendation for improvement and sharing knowledge within area of domain expertise with peers. You will also coach and mentor other software engineers within the squad.
- Working with the Domain Architect and the Architecture Steering Forum to ensure that both your own and other teams' solutions are understood, agreed, and guided in a successful direction.
- Supporting the awareness and visibility of technical debt within domain area, contributing to commercially based conversations to influence the prioritisation therefore keeping the technical debt to a minimum.
- Working with the Agile Enablement team to adopt tools and methodologies to delivery high quality software.
- Taking the lead on technical decisions for the squad, consulting with key stakeholders and ensuring these are widely communicated.
- Engaging your Product or Platform Architect to make sure they are consulted on the initiatives you are working on, taking advice and steering when needed.
- Delegating software activities, as appropriate, to the Software Engineers whilst also ensuring the code that makes it into Production follows the appropriate PR’s, testing and code reviews.
- Promoting and maintaining a positive ‘can do’ attitude, spending time training and coaching the Software Engineers and providing technical support to the squad.
- Significantly contributing as a member of an agile team; attending team meetings, working closely with the Test Engineers and Product Owners in the squad and participating in initiative meetings.
- Working with your Chapter to ensure that the skills and knowledge in your discipline are always improving.
- Proactively contributing to and suggest ways of improving engineering processes at ENSEK.
- Adding value to the experience of our clients, colleagues and other relevant stakeholders through practicing and promoting the ENSEK values.
- A technology leader with prior experience empowering and working within a small team of software engineers.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring others in their personal and professional development
- Approachable, strong communicator who has the ability to listen, influence and persuade others and with the ability to present to senior stakeholders.
- An interest in cloud-based technologies with experience being advantageous.
- A highly organised, prioritised and structured approach to work.
- Values the importance of teamwork and experience of working as part of a remote, multi-disciplined team is advantageous.
- Experience of working in an agile environment and from within the Energy/Utilities would be advantageous but not essential.