In a Nutshell
As a business that has achieved industry leading levels of growth in recent years, we want to build further on that success by delivering successful programmes for our strategic customer base in the UK and expanding into new geographies.
Reporting to the Chief Delivery Officer, the Head of Professional Services will be responsible for managing a complex portfolio of implementations, migrations, and business transformation to support this growth. These programmes of work are strategically critical to the business and require management across multiple internal and external functions and stakeholders.
This person will be key in providing a laser focus on delivery and will provide the vision and direction for a team of delivery specialists in multiple locations. This person will also be establishing a repeatable operating model and processes to facilitate the scalability of customer engagements and migrations.
- Provide the vision and direction for delivery functions across ENSEK.
- Build and lead a high performing delivery team in multiple locations, with accountability for the composition and effectiveness of the team including the prioritisation and allocation of resource.
- Establish and proactively refine a delivery framework and project management best practices and ways of working into teams across the business to develop maturity around planning, timelines, and execution of work.
- Ensure programme delivery is tracked through a strong project management methodology with associated disciplines to ensure appropriate accountability and responsibilities for all stakeholders (internal and external).
- Operate at a level that interacts with and effectively influences key customer stakeholders.
- Take accountability for managing execution risk, ensuring risks are understood, prioritised, and tracked through a strong governance and escalation framework.
- Provide transparency and visibility of status, risks, and issues across all elements of programme delivery.
- Ensure that all project related activity is effectively planned for across a portfolio of initiatives.
- Deliver on a programme of new client implementations, associated complex data migrations and continuous improvement projects.
- Ensure that ENSEK’s products and services are successfully adopted and optimised by our clients through a process of service introduction and readiness.
Utilise a network of external delivery partners to optimise the delivery model, where appropriate.
- Able to deliver a complex portfolio of projects, prioritise effectively, assess, and manage risk.
- Confident in the use of programme management tools and techniques that are appropriate for the situation, partnered with dynamism and flexibility in order to achieve the right outcomes.
- Experienced in IT project delivery and data migration.
- Career experience in technology, data, and digital transformation.
- Identify and manage dependencies across teams and disciplines, ensuring that stakeholders understand critical paths through projects and delivery management.
- Proven experience in working for a fast-paced product-led tech business, adept in agile delivery strategies, planning and quality methodologies.
- Confidently manage stakeholder expectations, as well as negotiate with 3rd party Suppliers and all associated communication.
- Experience of implementing a programme delivery framework including structure, procedures, and best practice
- Take a collaborative approach and foster strong working relationships across our Growth, Product and Engineering teams as well as across other departments within ENSEK.
- A hands-on motivational leader with the ability to lead colleagues to deliver across multiple projects at a rapid pace.
- A problem solver who isn’t afraid to roll sleeves up and get stuck in
- Excellent communicator with the ability to influence senior decision-makers across the business in a matrix management structure.
- Client focused approach, utilising knowledge, and experience to interact with and effectively influence key customer stakeholders.
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to structure program delivery within a framework that clearly augments financial and strategic goals of ENSEK and its clients.
- Mentor / coach others whilst leading teams via influence and persuasion
- A flexible attitude and able to thrive in a high-pressure environment.
- Willingness to work in a fast-moving matrix environment and values the importance of teamwork
- Proven ability to manage multiple third-party supplier relationships.
- Successful track record in a global project delivery model
Experience in Energy/Utilities would be advantageous but not essential