In a Nutshell
In this role you are responsible for leading all aspects of the Service Desk from the perspective of First Line Support. You will be responsible for managing multiple employee’s performance and progression, organising your resource against requirements whilst maintaining all SLAs. You will actively seek out efficiencies and improvements to processes, challenging the status quo.
- Day to day management of First Line FTE, ensuring enough resource is available to cover inbound ticket demand; taking responsibility for ensuring all inbound tickets are responded to, resolved or triaged to the relevant business area within contractual SLAs.
- Ensure quality of client experience is maintained throughout the ticket journey across all First Line FTE, engaging in stakeholder meetings and reporting activity where applicable.
- Direct line management of ~10 First Line FTE, supporting their performance, personal development, and growth within the company.
- Work with the Head of Service Desk on change plan projects, support with continual improvement and driving efficiencies in your team through process improvement.
- Engage with the Incident Manager on any inbound Incidents (P1/P2) to allocate resource, supporting the relevant first line analyst involved in the bridge where necessary.
- To add value to the experience of our clients, colleagues and other relevant stakeholders through practicing and promoting the ENSEK values.
- Relevant experience in a similar IT Support and/or Energy Industry Management position
- Foundation level knowledge of ITIL, Service Desk processes, frameworks and tools (ITIL V3 or V4 certification desired but not essential)
- Experience utilising IT ticketing systems or similar tools (e.g. ServiceNow, ZenDesk)
- Intermediate level of SQL knowledge and ability.
- Demonstrable Line Manager experience including performance management, wellbeing, and Personal Development.
- Ability to engage with internal and external stakeholders through written and verbal communication with appropriate level of technical/non-technical language.
- Experience analysing and reporting data, offering insights where applicable.
- Effective time management skills, with the ability to prioritise workload across multiple workstreams and resources on an intra-day basis, ensuring escalations are suitably dealt with.