In a Nutshell
Our clients are energy suppliers. They supply electricity and gas to businesses and homes. Probably including your own home! It can be a complicated sector and so our clients often engage ENSEK to help. We are experts in Energy and our Data & Reporting Tribe, which is where this role sits, acts as the source of truth for data for both our business and our customers. We provide highly engineered data in a modern scalable Data Lake. We also supply dashboards to help our internal and external customers understand their business, gain valuable insights and remain compliant.
We are using the latest cloud technologies, providing a cutting-edge data platform integrating at a Data Lake level with our clients. We are developing detailed, rich and a ready-for-machine-learning dataset which serves many key areas of the business. We expect to roll out several Data Science products in the near future. This role requires a special type of Data Engineer who is forward thinking and has experience or the aptitude to work with new technologies.
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Collaborate with the team to improve data models that feed business intelligence tools, increasing data accessibility, and fostering data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Maintain processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available for key stakeholders and business processes that depend on it.
- Defines company data assets (data models).
- Use technical skills to apply data manipulation techniques to enhance, streamline and update reporting.
- Maintain and develop controls and to assure quality of data services across multiple deployments.
- To add value to the experience of our clients, colleagues and other relevant stakeholders through practicing and promoting the ENSEK values.
- A very high attention to detail is needed for this role, you will be delving into multiple datasets and the opportunity to make mistakes will be plentiful. Can you put in place practices that will ensure accuracy in your data output?
- Every day is different. Our customers, our working practices, and our priorities change. Can you handle that?
- Do you have ETL experience, good SQL skills, and potentially also Databricks and/or Python? These are ideal skills for this role.
- A basic understanding of data science will not go a miss either.
- A good grounding of cloud systems is preferable. We use technologies like queues, containers, source control and storage.
The energy market is complicated. It would be ideal if you had a background in energy, but it is not a deal breaker.